Versatile and Rugged for Serious Weather WatchingVantage Pro2 offers the professional weather observer or serious weather enthusiast robust performance with a wide range of options and sensors.
You’ll get your own local forecast, highs/lows, totals or averages, and graphs for virtually all weather variables over the past 24 days, months, or years—all on the console. Vantage Pro2 uses frequency-hopping, spread-spectrum radio to transmit and receive data up to 1,000 ft. (300 m) line-of-sight.
Vantage Pro2 is also an excellent choice for emergency professionals, farmers, educators, researchers, municipalities, and others, to monitor wind and moisture conditions, irrigation requirements, and potential flooding.
- Inside & Outside Temperature Vantage Pro2 with console
- Inside & Outside Humidity
- Barometric Pressure
- Rainfall & Rain Rate
- Wind Speed & Direction
- Wind Chill & Heat Index
- Dew Point
- Historical Graphing
- Moon Phase
Introducing, Vantage Pro2
Reliable Weather Data
Cabled & Wireless Systems
- Superb wireless transmission from station to console up to 1,000 ft. (300 m).
- Cabled transmission possible up to 1,000 ft. (300 m).
Features for Weather Station
- A customizable station with a wide range of options and sensors to help professionals and hobbyists measure, monitor, and manage weather data.
- Our stations are engineered to withstand scorching sun, corrosion, 200 mph (321 km/h) winds, temperature extremes, and more.
- We take great pride in designing products that provide the highest level of accuracy, reliability and ruggedness.
- All Vantage Pro2 stations include a console and a versatile sensor suite that can be customized by adding consoles or special-purpose options.
- The anemometer can be mounted separately from the rain collector.
Vantage Pro2 Console for Weather Station
- Current & Historical Data
- Moon Phase
- Time & Date
- Fixed Display
- Solar Radiation
- Variable Display Options
- Status Indicator
- Control Keys
- Ticker-Tape Display
Vantage Pro2 Sensor Suite or (ISS) Weather Station
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- Rain Collector
- Built-in Bubble Level
- Radiation Shield
- Temperature/Relative Humidity
- Solar Radiation and UV Sensors
- Weather Proof Housing
- Solar Panel
- Easy Installation
Rugged and flexible
- – Inside Temperature and Humidity
- – Outside Temperature and Humidity
- – Barometric Pressure
- – Dew Point
- – Rainfall
- – Detachable Wind Speed and Direction sensors
- – Optional UV and Solar radiation sensors
- – Optional additional temperature and humidity sensors
Dependable data transmission
- The wireless Vantage Pro2 uses a solar-powered transmitter with battery backup to keep your data flowing.
- The frequency-hopping spread spectrum Vantage Pro2 radio transmits and receives data up to 1,000 ft. (300 m) line-of-sight.
- The cabled version transmits data via the cable.
The station that recorded 199 mph wind gust
- Vantage Pro2 is a weather station that in 2017 survived the front eyewall of Irma (Category 5 hurricane) and recorded the 199 mph gust — the highest wind speed ever recorded by a personal weather station on the Weather Underground network!
- The station, owned by Serge Brin, was mounted on a 21’ pole on a bluff on the north coast of St. Barthelemy, squarely in the path of the storm’s north-northeast winds.
- The Vantage Pro2 is designed to withstand extreme weather.
- Its anemometer has been wind-tunnel tested to 200 mph.
- Surviving a hurricane of this magnitude is a testament to our commitment to making weather instruments that perform as well (or, in this case even better) as professional stations.
Available in both wireless and cabled versions
- Choose a cabled station for the most economical installation.
- Ideal for areas where lightning risk is minimal.
- Choose wireless for easiest installation, additional sensor options and reduced risk of lightning damage.
- Wireless version includes solar-powered transmitter that sends data effortlessly to your console.
Ensure accurate temperature data
- Choose from three options to reduce solar radiation-induced temperature errors:
- Use the included standard passive radiation shield to get excellent temperature data.
- Retrofit your station with the optional Daytime Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield for even better temperature data. Get the benefits of fan aspiration at less cost than the 24-hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield, but nearly 75% as effective in reducing the effect of daytime radiation. only runs during daylight hours.
- Get the 24-Hour Fan‐aspirated Vantage Pro2 for the ultimate in temperature accuracy. It combines passive shielding with a solar‐powered fan that draws outside air in over the temperature and humidity sensors.
Exceptionally accurate, weather resistant rain collector
- Bird spikes and a helpful debris screen aid in fending off potential problems while grip grooves are handy for easy maintenance.
- The built-in bubble level offers more accurate installation for precise rain data.
- The aluminum-plated tipping bucket is self-emptying, corrosion resistant and laser-calibrated for exceptional accuracy.
Get 12- to 48-hour advance forecast
View and store your weather data on your computer or online
- When you add one of our optional WeatherLink data loggers and software, you’ll be able to run additional analyses.
- With WeatherLinkIP, your data is automatically uploaded to your page on WeatherLink.com, where you can store, view and share it.